Maintenance Technician for Church w/ Children's Centers
PLEASE HAVE YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD BEFORE PROCEEDING.
APPLICATIONS WITH NO RESUMES WILL BE DELETED.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Salary Range: $13 - $17/hr
We are a Christian, Evangelical Church with a large and growing Outreach to At-Risk Kids in central Colorado Springs. In addition to the church and it's ministries, we also operate 2 childcare centers with approx. 65 staff serving 325 children ages 6 weeks - 13 years.
Applicants will have a love for kids and a heart for ministry. We are looking to hire applicants with a background in building maintenance and/or construction, and a desire to use those gifts in a ministry setting. This is a church staff position, and the applicant needs to be willing to become an active member of Springs of Life Church. For more information and our statement of faith, you can find us on the web at springsoflife.org.
We are primarily looking for individuals with an active faith in Christ and a life pattern of involvement in church and ministry.
- Respond to service requests regarding furnaces, air-conditioning systems, appliances, water heaters, disposals, general plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, etc.
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems.
- Perform emergency maintenance as required and ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Driving kids (ages 5-13 years) on a morning and afternoon bus or van route
- Must love kids
- Must love the idea of working with a non-profit ministry/outreach
- Reliable and dependable and punctual attendance
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Have strong knowledge of Building Maintenance and have specialized knowledge in one or more of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, or locksmith.
- Two or more years experience in building maintenance or construction. (Irrigation and Landscaping experience is a plus)
- The position requires basic computer skills including MS Office applications such as Excel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Current CDL (Bus Driver) License - Or willing to get one
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be able to work independently and have a flexible schedule
- Competitive pay scale
- Opportunity to do meaningful work in vocational ministry
- Training for growth in ministry leadership
- Six Paid Holidays and 1-3 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off) available on a merit basis