PLEASE HAVE YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD BEFORE PROCEEDING.
APPLICATIONS WITH NO RESUMES WILL BE DELETED.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Salary Range: $41,600-$57,200/year
Springs of Life Church and Children’s Centers are following a unique ministry model that needs the help of a gifted Associate Pastor with strong pastoral, discipleship, relationship building, and church leadership skills. Our new Associate Pastor should be an entrepreneurial person with a heart and call to ministry, strong discipleship skills, and an established experience in the area of church building and organization.
The ideal candidate would be married with young children with an established pattern of raising and/or living out the Christian faith in a family setting. They would also fit the pastoral qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, demonstrating a life pattern of following Jesus at home, in church ministry, and in business leadership.
This position will report directly to the Senior Pastor, and will oversee the work of four to six ministry staff. Areas of responsibility and oversight include Church Administration, Discipleship Ministries, Connect or Newcomer Ministries, and Staff Development
1. Church Administration
- The successful candidate will have significant experience in leading and managing the day-to-day operations of a church.
- Church development and growth
- Sunday morning service planning
- Sunday morning service rotations
- Church administrative software
2. Discipleship Ministries
- Oversight and development of existing small group ministry
- Oversight of spiritual formation or discipleship ministries, including training of small group leaders and development of a discipleship library
3. Connect or Newcomer Ministries
- Oversight and development of programs intended to connect new visitors to the body
- Newcomers class, new members class, new believers class
- Development of membership software and social media as means for members to connect with one another.
4. Staff Development
- We are a relatively small church with approximately 100 members. However, we have a large outreach to the community using a children center and youth outreach model that currently employs around 60 staff.
- Recruiting, developing and discipling the staff (an important part of our ministry and call).
- Oversight of a growing HR department (currently three staff, with the aim of building this staff team to be capable and focused on the spiritual work God has given us to do).
- Primary involvement in HR would not be day-to-day recruiting and administration, but rather discipleship and development of an expanding ministry staff team.
- $41,600 to $57,200/yr, DOE, to start
- Full-time (schedule T.B.D.)
- Competitive pay scale
- Pastoral position with typical Housing Allowance Tax Benefits
- Opportunity to do meaningful work in vocational ministry
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 2-3 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Health Insurance